Strong leadership can drive positive change, even in the most challenging of circumstances. Is it your turn to lead?
Filing Deadline is January 17, 2017
All candidates for office must file in writing for the office for which they wish to run. All that is needed is a simple statement of your intent to be a candidate and the office for which you are running. For example, “It is my intent to run for Executive Board member for the North Country Region.” Include your name and the local association in which you are a member. This statement needs to be sent to the Elections Committee, c/o Rick Trombly, NEA–NH, 9 South Spring Street, Concord, NH 03301 or at email@example.com.
Important Election Deadlines:
- Candidate’s Intention to Run for Office due by 5:00 p.m. on 1/17/17
- Candidate’s Statement and Photo for the Educator due by 5:00 p.m. on 1/17/17
- Electronic Ballots made available to Members by 3/8/17
- Voting Closes 5:00 pm on 3/22/17
Positions Subject to Election this Year:
Voting for Director and Executive Board seats will take place between March 8 and 22, 2017. The complete list of positions up for election is listed below.
- NEA Director (3-year term)
Executive Board Positions for:
- Capital Region (2-year term)
- Eastern Region (2-year term)
- Lakes Region (2-year term)
- Monadnock Region (2-year term)
- North Country Region (2-year term)
- Seacoast Region (2-year term)
- Southern Region (2-year term – 2 open positions)
- South Central Region (2-year term)
- Western Region (2-year term)
State Funded Delegates to the NEA Representatives Assembly (2-year term)
- Capital, Eastern, Monadnock, Seacoast, South Central, and Southern Regions; 2 delegates each
- Lakes, North Country and Western Regions; 1 delegate each
- Retirees; 1 funded delegate and 1 unfunded delegate.
Important Information for Candidates:
Candidates are entitled to submit statements and photographs for the February/March issue of the Educator. These statements and photos must also be received by 5:00 p.m. on Jan. 17, 2017. In accordance with Board policy, the following procedures apply:
- Candidates for President, Vice President and NEA Director shall have the opportunity to submit: (a) A statement of not more than 100 words supporting their candidacies and (b) A photograph to accompany the statement.
- Candidates for NEA–NH Executive Board membership shall have the opportunity to submit: (a) A statement of not more than 50 words supporting their candidacies and (b) A photograph to accompany the statement.
- Candidates for NEA RA delegate shall have the opportunity to submit: (a) A statement of not more than 25 words supporting their candidacies and (b) A photograph to accompany the statement.
Please Note: In all instances, the Educator is not responsible for the quality of the reproduction of the photos. If sending a photo by e-mail, check with George Strout, editor, for specifications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send all material for the Educator to the Elections Committee, c/o Rick Trombly, NEA–NH, 9 South Spring Street, Concord, NH 03301, or email@example.com.
On written or email request of any candidate, NEA-NH will make mailing labels available for the purpose of their campaign. These mailing labels come directly from NEA-NH and are available at no charge to NEA-NH candidates running for any NEA-NH office. Mail requests for labels to Bobbi-Jo Michael, NEA-New Hampshire, 9 South Spring Street, Concord, NH 03301, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate’s names will appear on the ballot as they appear on the Intention to Run.
“In writing” means that the Elections Committee must physically receive such notification by letter or email by the close of business (5:00 p.m.) on
January 17, 2017.
Candidates can also purchase ad space in the Educator, the Insider, and on the NEA-NH website. Ads are not subject to the word limits that apply to candidate statements. Candidates should contact George Strout at email@example.com for rate and placement information.
To Submit Proposed Changes to NEA-NH Bylaws:
In order to have the proposed amendments appear in the March issue of the Educator, all proposed amendments must be submitted no later than
January 20, 2017.
Send your suggested changes to: Chuck Stohl, Chair, Resolutions and Constitution Revision Committee, NEA-New Hampshire, 9 South Spring Street, Concord, NH 03301, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any member may submit proposed changes to the NEA-NH Bylaws.