NEA-NH Election Notice
Thursday, Jan. 15, 2015, is the deadline for filing for office for the 2015 NEA–NH elections. Voting for NEA–NH president, vice-president, alternate NEA director and Executive Board seats will take place between March 8 and 22, 2015. Positions up for election are listed below.
All candidates for office must file in writing for the office for which they wish to run with the Elections Committee, c/o Rick Trombly, NEA–NH, 9 South Spring Street, Concord, NH 03301 or at email@example.com. Important election deadlines include:
- Candidates Intention to Run for Office due 1/15/15
- Candidate’s Statement and Photo for the Educator due 1/15/15
- Electronic Ballots Made available to Members 3/6/15
- Voting Closes 3/22/15
Positions Subject To Election This Year
- NEA-NH President (3 year term)
- NEA-NH Vice President (3 year term)
- Alternate NEA Director (2 year term)
- Executive Board Positions (2 year term) for
- Lakes Region (1)
- Seacoast Region (1)
- Monadnock Region (2)
- 1 Two Year Term
- 1 One Year Term
- South Central Region (1)
- North Country Region (1)
- Western Region (1)
- Capital Region (1)
- Eastern Region (1)
- Southern Region (2)
- State Funded Delegates to the NEA RA
- Southern Region receives 3 delegates
- Capital, Eastern, Seacoast, and South Central Regions receive 2 delegates each
- Lakes, Monadnock, North Country and Western Regions receive 1 delegate each
- Retirees receive 1 delegate funded by NEA and 1 unfunded delegate.
Candidates are entitled to submit statements and photographs for the February/March issue of the Educator. These statements and photos must also be received by 5:00 p.m. on Jan. 15, 2015. In accordance with Board policy, the following procedures apply:
- Candidates for President, Vice President and NEA Director Alternate shall have the opportunity to submit: (a) A statement of not more than 100 words supporting their candidacies and (b) A photograph to accompany the statement.
- Candidates for NEA–NH Executive Board membership shall have the opportunity to submit: (a) A statement of not more than 50 words supporting their candidacies and (b) A photograph to accompany the statement.
- Candidates for NEA RA delegate shall have the opportunity to submit: (a) A statement of not more than 25 words supporting their candidacies and (b) A photograph to accompany the statement.
Please Note: In all instances, the Educator is not responsible for the quality of the reproduction of the photos. If sending a photo by e-mail, check with George Strout, editor, for specifications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send all material for the Educator to the Elections Committee, c/o Rick Trombly, NEA–NH, 9 South Spring Street, Concord, NH 03301.
Candidates for NEA–NH offices who want a membership list or mailing labels must request these materials by Jan. 15, 2015. Requests should be sent to the Elections Committee at the address above.
Candidate’s names will appear on the ballot as they appear on the filing.
“In writing” means that the Elections Committee must physically receive such notification by letter or e-mail by the close of business (5:00 p.m.) on Jan. 15, 2015.
To Submit Proposed Changes to NEA-NH Bylaws:
• In order to have the proposed amendments appear in the March issue of the Educator, all proposed amendments must be submitted no later than February 6. Send your suggested changes to: Chuck Stohl, Chair, Resolutions and Constitution Revision Committee, NEA-New Hampshire, 9 South Spring Street, Concord, NH 03301. Any member may submit proposed changes to the NEA-NH Bylaws